Nathan Wailes - Blog - GitHub - LinkedIn - Patreon - Reddit - Stack Overflow - Twitter - YouTube
Throwing a party
How to do it well
- You must vet the people trying to enter the party.
- If someone's in a bad mood, they're going to bring down the general mood at the party.
Examples of good parties
- 2017.03.12 - YouTube - hurfyd - CoastDream - Soft Moon
- Awesome, just awesome.
- It reminds me of the big bicycle events in DC / LA that John would always talk about.
- I think DC also had some kind of walking event, but I don't remember what it was.
- This is also like the floats in the Pride parades.
- It may be worth noting that–apparently–the dancers in the video were not dancing to the song that is featured in the video. And the video is (obviously) an edited-down depiction of what it would have been like to be present at that event. So the video may not be conveying the actual feeling of being at the party.
- Cool things they did:
- Good dancers
- Cool lights on the truck
- They rented a huge 16-wheeler(?) to hold everyone in.
- It was totally improvised / not part of a big bureaucratic event.
- The dancers were doing crazy stuff like hanging upside-down off the outside of the truck with their heads just above the street.