Shortcuts to pages of particular interest to me
A reminder: I have unrefined drafts of ideas in this forum, and I discuss controversial and complicated topics. Please excuse anything I say that’s uninformed; if you let me know how I’m mistaken and I find you convincing, I’ll revise what I’ve written. I am no stranger to changing my mind on things.
Major behavioral problems I need to fix
- Not focusing (My weaknesses)
- Related: Procrastinating / Anxiety / Making Excuses / "I can't do this now because ..."
- Related: Not tracking my time.
- Related: Spending too much time consuming and organizing information that may be useful in the future, and not enough time producing / selling, and consuming information that'll help me get the next small piece of my product finished.
- Related: Giving up / not persevering / not being persistent
- Fretting / panicking / reacting to a new problem with dismay rather than an aggressive attitude
- Not spending my time according to a top-down plan (My weaknesses)
- Related: I don't have a good system for keeping things top-of-mind that I should be keeping top-of-mind.
- Example: Things I can do when I have a spare moment.
- Example: Major weaknesses that I should be keeping an eye out for / correcting when I notice them.
- Feeling overwhelmed by large problems (My weaknesses)
- I often think too much; I spend too much time thinking about a problem instead of just trying to jump in and tackle whatever tiny piece I can get started with.
- I don't reach out to people enough. I want to be like Richard Branson when he was creating his magazine: totally comfortable with reaching out to strangers who may be able to help me.
- I can be a pushover at times. In trying to be friendly / a good person, I'll let people take my money/time when it's not a good deal for me.
- Meta: Follow the Ben Franklin approach and focus on improving a single characteristic for two weeks at a time!
- Minor: Not spending my money in interesting / creative ways