- 2013 - Josh Kemp - No Degree, No Problem (ebook)
- 2017.05.08 - Quartz - How I went from zero to San Francisco software engineer in 12 months
You need real-world skills and you have to learn a lot. That means a lot of hours of work, there’s no way around it. Passion helps.
Building projects is an excellent way to learn, and once you know enough it is not very hard to find open-source projects or other high impact projects to work on.
- It’s critical that you cultivate a community of others who are learning to code or working as engineers. Network in your city. Network online. Find collaborative projects to work on. Ask for help.
- If you can afford it, try to have some patience. This is what I struggled with the most.
- 2017.10.31 - malisper.me - How to Get a Programming Job Straight Out of High School