Shortcuts to pages of particular interest to me
- My Dashboard
- Entrepreneurship / Business (Private)
- Entrepreneurship / Business (Public)
- Programming / Software Development
A reminder: I have unrefined drafts of ideas in this forum, and I discuss controversial and complicated topics. Please excuse anything I say that’s uninformed; if you let me know how I’m mistaken and I find you convincing, I’ll revise what I’ve written. I am no stranger to changing my mind on things.
Major behavioral problems I need to fix
- Not spending my time according to a top-down plan (My weaknesses)
- Procrastinating / Anxiety / Making Excuses / "I can't do this now because ..."
- Related: Not tracking my time.
- Giving up / not persevering / not being persistent
- Feeling overwhelmed by large problems (My weaknesses)
- I don't have a good system for keeping things top-of-mind that I should be keeping top-of-mind.
- Example: Things I can do when I have a spare moment.
- Example: Major weaknesses that I should be keeping an eye out for / correcting when I notice them.
- Follow the Ben Franklin approach and focus on improving yourself in some particular way for two weeks at a time!
- Minor: Not spending my money in interesting / creative ways
- Not focusing (My weaknesses)
- I don't reach out to people enough. I want to be like Richard Branson when he was creating his magazine: just call lots of people and build up a list of people who would be interested in collaborating on a project. I want to get better at reaching out to people.